Today’s datacenter provide tough challenge for operations. Business applications are more critical for uninterrupted operations of core business processes than ever. Enforcing SLAs to meet agreed service quality is a primary goal for operations, which makes performance and availability monitoring essential. As datacenters evolved and got more powerful and more complex the required functionality and scalability delivered by performance monitoring solutions also got bigger. In spite of this there aren’t many performance monitoring solutions that can scale to this size and requirements.
PVSR with its datacenter class performance and availability monitoring capabilities delivers a server monitoring solution scalable to monitor millions of parameters without substantial hardware requirements and delivers all of the functionality required by modern datacenters:
- Delivers performance and availability monitoring for of all the elements that make up your datacenter: physical infrastructure, virtualized layer (VMware & Hyper-V), OS (Windows, Linux & *nix), storage, SAN network and LAN network.
- Out-of-box monitors all performance indicators relevant for daily operations.
- Easily configurable alerts notify staff whenever monitored parameters signal abnormal system behavior.
- Alerts can be raised based on dynamic baselines, trend values or historic values.
- Real-time diagnostics pages give instant overview about servers.Real-time monitoring enables any monitored parameter’s chart to be switched to real-time mode. When turned on it is polled and visualized down to 1 second resolution.
- Instant reports with a single click show top guest virtual machines, top host virtual machines, top servers, top LUN and more.
- Easily extendable for monitoring new parameters. New monitored parameters can be defined with custom formulas for maximum flexibility.
- Measures the availability and response times of basic network services (DHCP, DNS, NTP, RADIUS, LDAP and Active Directory) with parameterized synthetic tests.
- Gives detailed insight into IP network traffic in your VMware VDS / Cisco Nexus switches with IPFIX / NetFlow monitoring and analysis.