Even though most of your servers are running in a virtualized environment monitoring them on the OS layer is still essential to get insight into performance and health on a process level. For example without insight into the OS layer it is impossible to identify which servers are CPU constrained or which services are behaving abnormally.
PVSR supports monitoring Windows servers using WinRM for agentless monitoring.
- Delivers detailed monitoring about server CPU, memory, swap and disk statistics.
- Monitors resource usage on process level. Alerts can notify you about abnormal CPU or memory usage of your critical processes or when one of them stops unexpectedly.
- Provides remote access to Windows service status. Alerts can notify you about if one of your critical services stops.
- Provides remote access to Windows event log. Alerts can notify you about critical event log entries.
What is WinRM?
Windows Remote Management aka WinRM is a built in module of Windows Server since 2003 R2. WinRM provides remote access to performance indicators available via Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) on the server. It provides access to all OS level and application level performance indicators defined in Microsoft server products.
PVSR supports both basic password based and Kerberos authentication for easy deployment in your Windows infrastructure.
- Get valuable insight into server performance and health during troubleshooting.
- Identify performance hotspots and use as an input for server optimization.
- Trend and forecast for capacity planning and purchasing decisions.
- Agentless monitoring is easy to deploy and manage.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 or newer.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Vista, XP with Windows Management Framework Core package installed (KB968929).